Friday, May 26, 2006

X3 and the last stand against Bollywoodisation of Hollywood

I saw the posters for this movie in august last year and since then i have had this strange itchy feeling in between my knuckles...the same itchy feeling to grow adamantium claws i have had since the first X men movie had me hooked onto this comic and movie series...Given the mind blowing teasers, trailers and promotions for the movie I was convinced that this was the best way to start the movie season this summer...Watching it on front row seat i was quite enjoying the adventure that unfolded onscreen....gloating over the fact that my predictions of Cyclops' and Xavier's deaths were coming true...and perhaps i was a psyhic mutant myself...Well starting with the positives the CGI is top-notch, the effects are cool, the wide variety of characters even better...everyhing was going fine well until...globalisation and outsourcing happened...oh yeah believe it...I believe Brett Ratner had a surreptitious meeting with Dharma Productions and had decided to outsource some parts of the script (the filler pages that make a movie 2 hours long) to bollywood. Luckily someone turned down their ludicrous request to cast Shah Rukh as Wolverine as they were catering to a 'white' crowd. I guess outsourcing has its problems...like 'white' people not understanding Indian accents... and thank god for it!Wolverine giving a 'senti pep-talk'. Oh please!!...wat were u thinkin 'bub'?! That is reserved for Storm...ur the guy who kicks ass...the guy who cuts up stuff...breaks the rules...and bones...no questions asked...no speeches given!juggernaut...u loser...kitty pryde defeated u...kitty pryde!!..how lame are u?jean and wolverines oscillating love angle...oh please Dharma Productions all the way...But i guess i am being very unfair to the movie now...it is epic...it is good...but i really wanted it to be great...top a masterpiece like batman begins i guess...but in the words of Kurt cobain, "Well Whatever, Nevermind!As of now I'll wait for X4...if it comes...to get my admantium transplants...till then i am happy driving my batmobile...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home