Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Sandman: Useless conversations



[A caramel cappuccino and an Iced Tea lemon]

“You remember how I used to bore you about the Sandman series? I just found some of those graphic novels I had shelled out a fortune on back then!”


[A cigarette lit with a ten rupee Manchester United lighter]

– Yes I do? Much too clearly actually, who were they? The eternals, that’s what they were called right?

[One sachet of Equal-low Calorie sugar poured, caramel’s too sweet anyway]

Hmm...Yeah, Death, Dream, Desire, Despair, Destiny and destruction.”
– You used to make it sound so cool back then, with all your gestures and stuff and the damn back stories, pretending you were a Professor of all that is that there too know, with all your hand gestures and stuff.

[The inaugural cigarette stub on the silver coloured ashtray]

“True, true!”
– But you always had that glint in your eye, when you spoke about your Batman’s, Superman’s and your Sandman’s.

[A distant look out into space or a coffee shop poster]

Heh! Yeah, I used to be so excited about these things back then.”
– Yup, haven’t seen that glint in your eyes, or the stupid grin ever since.

[A puff before a profound statement]

“I believed in them, back then...I believed in Morpheus, I believed in dreams.”
– And now?
“Now? Well, now I just dream...”

[A momentary silence that echoes into infinity]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home